Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cilp Art Of Family Guy

A journey that I had to do





history as a manufacturer of canoes and kayaks fan way back in 1974, after trying all the construction techniques, from the composite, wood, etc., I wanted to experiment with the technique of skin on frame, of course, the reach of many, for simplicity and speed of construction, where I also do not need special equipment, where resins are used, toxic solvents, adhesives etc,. if not conifers canvas canvas and twine.

Several times I raised the issue of how they got both the Inuit, the Aleut peoples of the Arctic and sub Arctic, to build their beautiful and efficient boat only drawing the material from what nature offered, and, because, curiously, at least in Italy I had and I have problems in obtaining these three materials, softwood free from knots, natural linen canvas and oil paint,

So at the beginning of December I decided: to permanently solve the problem of the canvas I put in my trusty bike and camper I went to Alsace to buy a 100m roll of fabric, the end came out a nice mini-vacation, I wanted to visit the historical center of Strasbourg, according to many fascinating, but unfortunately bad weather, snow, snow and more snow, I have prevented, but not to visit the castle of Haut-Koenigsbourg is one of the most visited monuments in the whole of France the castle was built in the twelfth century this famous medieval fortress is perched at 800 meters high and dominates the plain of Alsace offering an unsurpassed view of the Vosges, the Rhine, Black Forest and even the Alps
So after two thousand kilometers in Rome I arrived tired but happy, for this trip apparently specific, but full of unexpected emotions, from what I saw during the trip, but I had not planned to see that respect the philosophy of the camper or holiday is the journey and arrival at destination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment